Sunday, August 14, 2011

wait, My daughter.

having my quiet time tonight... currently working on Ruth. 
Reading this beautiful love story, watching it unfold. and right as it's about to get to the good part, Naomi tells her daughter-in-law to wait. She replied, "Wait, my daughter, until you learn how the matter turns out, for the man will not rest but will settle the matter today." (Ruth 3:18) {whoa, total God-thing that 318 is kinda my number}
But isn't that odd? They're trying to find out if Boaz, their kinsman-redeemer (basically a relative who would financially support widows), is going to take them in and care for them. I don't know about you, but when it comes down to my well-being, I don't like waiting to find out urgent matters like this.
but wait, my daughter, she says.
and God speaks into my heart, as I'm trying to discern his plan for my week, my semester, my year, my life... "wait, My daughter." his timing is perfect. his plan is perfect. 
confusing? yes. troubling? yes. puzzling? yes. nonsensical? yes.
but perfect. always and forever.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...