Monday, April 28, 2008

rain=God's Words?

Isaiah 55:10-11
"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

I got to really thinking about this passage friday.
I'd heard verse 11 before, but I hadn't heard verse 10 until I read it for my W2R homework.
The question was something to the effect of "How does Isaiah compare rain and snow to God's words?"
so I got to thinking, I mean really thinking.
and for those of you that know me, you know those pondering moments are not all to rare, in fact, though I may seem ditzy and "blonde" to some, I am quite a ponderer.
so I'm thinking, Ok.
God's words=rain.
His words fall on us ("rain" on us). When rain comes, what does it do?
It cleanses, nourishes, and makes things grow.
So God's Words cleanse us, nourish us, and make us grow.
But that's not all. Rain evaporates back up into the atmosphere and forms more clouds, right? So, technically, the rain falls, soaks in, the goes back up.
So should God's word do in our lives.
It rains on us (causing cleansing, nourishing, and growth). Then our growth (the fruits we have yielded by listening to, hearing, and obeying God's Words) goes back to God- just like it says should happen in Matthew 5:16- "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
So, we show our fruits (which the rain has helped grow) in our lives, people see those fruits, and it all goes back to God, in praise.
just though I'd share that. =)

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...