Sunday, April 20, 2008

sweet release

i wrote this about a week ago right after going through some stormy "weather" in life...
sweet release
lyrics by: me

i close my eyes and start to pray
but, God, you seem 10 worlds away.
i'm tired of my burdens
and all these heavy doubts
i feel like i'm in a glass cage-
i'm so ready to be out.

(chorus)
so carry me
i cast my cares
my worries
my dreams
and all my prayers.
hold me,
keep my heart
cuz i'm about
to fall apart.

i'm not quite sure what else to say
my mind's been dulled through this long day
but, Lord, you see my heart straight through
you know my thoughts
and motives too.
heavy silence wraps around me...

(chorus)

i can feel the tears build up
the hot, salty tears- there's no cover-up
and slowly, as i let go
i begin to feel at ease
and i suppose this is what you mean
when you tell of sweet release

(chorus)

no sooner than the tears slow
do i once again go
to that enchanting land
of "oh, IF ONLY..."
and much sooner than planned
i'm once again being torn apart.

(chorus)

Lord, rescue me from my self
leave those useless, hollow dreams on the shelf--
replace them with your peace,
and keep my heart steadfast.
drown me with your sweet release
and give me sleep tonight.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...