Thursday, February 07, 2008

song i wrote

victorious
lyrics and music by me

You're telling me to turn around,
to jump and trust You to be there
it's hard to get off the ground,
to push myself into the air
without a muscle underneath me
i need Your strong arm to help me

but i know i can do it
You told me i could
You wouldn't let me do it
if you didn't know i would.

when i need a little lift
or even if i'm flyin high
the thing keepin me there's Your Gift
the Gift that i can't let die
Your Love livin in me
Your Grace flowin through me

and i know i can do this
you told me i would
i would never try to do this
if you hadn't said i could

if all i see is the mountain
and the fog just seems too thick
then come be my Eternal Fountain
full of water that heals the sick
You can heal me
and bring Your life back to me

and we know i can do it
i told myself i would
You'd never put me through it
if You didn't know i could

i'm gonna make it when i try
push past all that's in my way
never let Your Spirit die,
it keeps me goin through th day
Your hand upholds me
Your breath supports me

this time i really did it
just like You said i would
cuz i believed you'd help me do it
when i never thought i could.

1 comment:

Adam Franklin said...

this is awesome, Becca. =)

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...