Thursday, November 05, 2009

it's not the end, the end of the world, it's just another day.

so it's officially over. the end. c'est la vie.
the first night, I cried myself to sleep...
but slowly, under the scintillating daylight, I began to heal. Slowly, I realized that God has so much better for me than what I've been settling to lately. (Now don't take that to mean that my now-ex-boyfriend was horrible or way below me or anything... that's not what I'm saying at all! He was {and is} fantastic... but he's just not the guy for me. ya know? anyway...) I'd been settling into an all-time low: expecting so little out of myself and my friends, focusing on all MY problems and that junky high school drama that matters NONE... and God had let me experience the past 6 months or so for exactly that reason. He wanted me to see beyond ME, and focus on Him. on His people. on His love.
so I began to do that, expecting that new-found pain of breaking up to last so very much longer than it did. but, shocked I was to discover this: love really does heal your heart.
I found that as soon as I focus on His loving, and pouring it out onto others, He healed me.
I am so thankful for that... but I must admit, when it first happened, I wanted to curl up in a corner and just exist. I didn't want to wake up the next morning. That may sound extreme to some... but my artist's heart just works that way. But each night I cried less, each day I was more focused. God just pulled me back to His Heart, there is no other way to explain it.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...