Wednesday, May 12, 2010

paul=wow.

I've been reading through the Bible this year, and am currently flying through all of Paul's letters to the churches, Timothy, and Titus. Tonight I started Titus, and for the umpteenth time in the past 3 weeks or so, I was utterly blown away by how amazing Paul was. I want to meet that man so badly. He was such a thinker, sometimes I have to re-read his writings sooo many times to comprehend what he's said. but check this out, I find it to be so true!

Titus 1:15-16 "To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. They claim to know God but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good."

HOW CONVICTING.

If I find myself thinking impure or perverted thoughts, or seeing those things as funny, the passage in Ephesians 5 often pops into my head. There, Paul urges us to walk as children of the light and have no part of darkness in us. and now this! wow. If I am finding ANYTHING AT ALL in my life to be impure, corrupted, or twisted- THAT MEANS I AM IMPURE, CORRUPT AND TWISTED. just goes to show that our heart really is deceitful above all else! (Jeremiah 17:9).

Oh, God, help me to lift you up with my actions, attitudes, thoughts, and words. I don't want to deny you in any way! I want to be fit to do good and bring glory to you. So purify my heart, that I may become like you.

1 comment:

Jennifer R said...

I love how you can tell without a doubt that you love God just by reading your blog... Keep up the gret work!! :)

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...