Sunday, June 15, 2008

Micah 7:7-9

i don't know if any of yall have ever read Micah 7:7-9, but that is one of my key verses I turn to when I get depressed... and I've been turning there an awful lot lately. for those of you that don't claim perfection and don't mind accepting that fact that you're hurting, this is for you.
Micah 7:7-9
lyrics by me. (based on the scripture)
though I lay here drowning
in my own doubt;
though I may have fallen,
yet will I find the way out.

I'm waiting to be rescued
from my darkened thoughts-
and I know He is coming
with his cleansing cross.

::chorus::
so don't boast over me,
enemy,
for He is my hope and my Lord.
you can't gloat over me,
enemy,
I have assurance of His Word.

so I'll stand here in your silence,
bearing my consequence-
until you plead my forgiveness
so I can have your righteousness.

you brought me to new life now,
put in me a flame,
something I can't smother-
a passion for Your Name.

::chorus::

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...