Friday, July 11, 2008

Ecuador and more

SO much has happened, I'm not sure I can fit it all in one post, and I don't know if I'll even manage to get all of it on my blog- ever.
so I'll start with what I remember most- Ecuador!!!! We got back 6 days ago... It was the most amazing trip I've ever been on. I learned a lot, and made tons of new friends. One thing that I really loved about the trip was those adorable little kids. I loved being able to spread Christ's love all over the place- with everyone, everywhere I went- by simply hugging some kids, playing "pato, pato, ganza" (duk, duck, goose), and painting their faces. It was so amazing to be able to SEE what I was doing for God's kingdom, to hear those sweet little voices accepting Christ as their Savior. God really showed me that so many times, being a servant isn't just about what you do- it's about your heart and your attitude. That you can be a servant of Christ by simply loving kids and blowing bubbles with them, if you have the right mindset... or heart-set, so to speak.
well that's about all I've got on Ecuador, except that I seriously might live there someday. I love it there. =)

Wednesday, I had to do one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. I gave up my best friend in the entire world. I didn't totally give her up, there is no way I could completely destroy our relationship. But some stuff was happening that I couldn't deal with any more. and I gave it up. I told her we basically needed to take a break. It was so hard, and for the rest of the night I think I stopped crying a total of 30 minutes, tops. It was like I'd had to rip my own heart out. and it was SO hard. I can only hope and pray now that this break doesn't last too long and God brings her back to me soon.
God, you know how much I love her. Please don't make me try to move on. I can't. I don't want to, I don't want to forget her or let her go. You know what needs to happen- please just give me the strength to make it through this fire.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...