Saturday, February 27, 2010

beauty questioned.

Imagine this: you're sitting on the couch, watching a chick flick. or the bachelor. or say yes to the dress. Then comes the climax... he chases her down and kisses her... he gives her the rose... she buys the wedding dress... what is it about that climax that hits so close to home? why is it that we see these images and wish for these moments? why do we wish for the beauty that we feel we don't have? and why do we think we don't have it?
I have this need to feel beautiful stored somewhere deep inside me. I think I was born with it. This need to feel worthy, loved, beautiful, and wanted. where did it come from? why do I have it? what am I supposed to do with it?
because apparently, it can be handled the wrong way. some girls take their need for beauty and go all bad girl. some girls ignore their need for beauty and pretend they could care less. what is the appropriate way to deal with your yearning for love?
I wish I had the answer to these questions. but I don't.
what do you think?

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...