Monday, August 30, 2010

blast the mozart.
play it louder, please. louder.
it's nights like this when you know that something is overworking itself in this little girl's head. the smell of coffee wafts from my door, and The Marriage of Figaro is blaring from my itunes. those two hints alone should easily demonstrate my overwhelmed-ness and exhaustion. I can't even think past what is happening at this very moment to make sure I've completed all my homework for tomorrow. thoughts whirl all through my head, too fast to grab even a single one and analyze its source and reason.
my legs ache from my workout.
my head pounds from stress.
not to mention that my prayer life has been basically nonexistent lately. is it sad that I'm too busy receiving an education and "growing up" to thank the One who gave me those things? {the correct answer is YES.}
somehow coffee, good biscotti, and some classical music ease all my woes and calms my anxious heart. and I have a strong urge that a hot shower would help that process along even farther.
God, please help me. there is no way I can do this myself! I am insanely crazy busy and emotionally exhausted, as well as physically spent. Give me vivacity to live the Crazy-loving life you've called me to. Help me rest well and awake with a fresh perspective and outlook. Hide me under the shadow of your wings, as I dwell in your shelter. Protect me. cause I am so weak and worn out I couldn't defend myself if my life depended on it {which it kind of does}. I need you, Jesus, to come to my rescue! Where else can I go? There's NO other name by which I am saved- so capture me with grace. I will follow you.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...