Sunday, September 12, 2010

little things

{written 9.6.10 by me}

I remember so clearly,
that sunny day, early spring-
the day you looked at me so dearly,
that day you captured part of me.

I completely fell in love with you,
head first, no turning back.
and the way you said "I saved you!",
it almost gave me a heart attack.

see, you cared about the little things
walked with me, barefoot,
and laughed with me.
it tore my heart to have to leave,
but I knew the jokes we'd made would be
one of those little things.

I remember now, that Sunday
when your eyes locked on mine.
well you took my breath away (it's true)
sometimes, boy you just blew my mind.

you completely stole my heart,
did you ever know you did?
I couldn't stand to be apart,
you'd never believe how I missed you, kid.

see, my heart is fragile- hold carefully.
but I opened it up,
didn't think or care.
I wish I would have told you so...
but I knew my secret love would be
one of those little things.

I remember all so clearly,
when you looked at me like a stranger
and walked right by with no "hello".
that day, you gave up your status as hero.

It completely broke my heart in two,
I cried for days at a time.
boy I wish you knew what you were doing with your life,
wish I could get inside your mind.

see, you don't care about the little things.
don't give me hugs,
or laugh at me.
it's been so hard to simply believe
that one day you'll break those chains, be free.
for you don't see the little things.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...