Saturday, October 23, 2010

chosen.

so as part of the rush process at MC, every girl that rushes gets a big sis, who's an active member in their tribe, that gives them gifts and is basically just there to be there for them.
at the beginning of our 5-week rush process, all the actives began talking amongst themselves and facebook stalking and plotting. A couple weeks ago, we were assigned our bigs and they began giving us letters and presents every few days. For the past 2 or 3 weeks, I've been wondering who my big is and if I'll like her. I still don't know who she is (reveal is tomorrow!), but I've heard some interesting stuff about her from my friends that are already actives.
yesterday I was talking to Elise about bigs, and telling her that I was a little bit scared that I'd get a big that I didn't like or didn't really click with. However, Elise assured me that I knew and liked my big.
"Becca," she informed me, "your big picked you at the first follies practice. she walked in and watched and said 'Yeah, I want Becca.' and walked out."
the first follies practice was at least a month ago.
this blew my mind.
she chose me!
not only did she choose me, but she did so long before everyone else was chosen- by a good two weeks.
the fact that I was wanted, sought after, and "gotten" by someone kind of made me REALLY happy.
I love being wanted, and I never expected that my big could have wanted me from the very beginning.
and as I was standing there smiling and guessing who my secretive big sister is, it's like God hit me in the face.
Hello, Becca! I picked you from the very beginning. I have wanted you and sought after you and "gotten" you! You are mine. I have redeemed you from death, and chosen you to bear fruit and carry my name. You cannot be separated from my love. I've hidden you in myself- you are secure. There will never be a time I leave you, abandon you, or forget you.
(Isaiah 43:1, John 15:16, Romans 8:35, Colossians 3:3, Hebrews 13:5)
What an awesome thought. While being picked by a human that loves me is a wonderful feeling, being chosen and set apart to the God of the Universe- the Creator of the ends of the earth, the Almighty Redeemer, the Savior of my heart- is so much more overwhelming.
Thank you, Jesus for choosing me. Help me to live that out.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...