Monday, May 05, 2008

just in case you ever wondered...

lately, I've been dealing with a lot. mainly, trust issues.
trust is hard, especially when you're human ( like all of us are).
It's hard to tell yourself to completely render all self-reliance and make yourself vulnerable for someone else to let you down. especially when you're rendering your self to God. it's hard to completely trust Him with everything, without doubts or worries. actually, it's humanly impossible. but that's why He's God. we could never live without him. ever ever.
today, I did something I never thought I'd do. I had felt God telling me something for quite a while now, and I finally did it. it took a lot of humility and trust. it was hard, cuz it was something I had never really wanted to do, and wouldn't have done if I hadn't felt that God wanted me to.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, even when you don't think it's possible and you feel like you're losing at life, like nothing's going right, like if one more bad thing happened, you'd hit rock bottom... just trust Him. that's all it takes for life to completely turn around. it's not gonna be perfect. in fact, conditions might not improve for quite a while. but when you trust Him with everything, all that matters is Him. you forget your circumstances and emotions. it's just You and God and you're living with more joy than you're ever had before.
like that beautiful old hymn says,
"Only trust Him, only trust Him, only trust Him now. He will save you, He will save you, He will save you now."

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...