Friday, May 30, 2008

You get me.

"You know me better than I know myself, the key to my security- there is no one else who gets me! I may be misunderstood cuz I wouldn't ever fake it, You're the only One who understands my pain. And You get me. It doesn't matter what I do, what I think, what I say, at the end of the day, I'm okay anyway- cuz Lord, you get me!"
the song You Get Me by ZOEgirl has become so real to me over the past week it totally amazes me. I have just returned from youth camp with my church youth group- and it was totally amazing. God works in totally mysterious and awesome ways- I definitely saw that this week. Without an invitation ever being given, over a dozen people came to Christ this week. PRAISE GOD! In my life, the main thing He taught me this week was to simply trust Him. although sometimes I may think I know what I need, and that he's not doing what's right for me- He always is. He knows me better than I do. he created me. he just gets me. I realized this week that he's always doing the right thing for me, leading me to the place he wants me- even when I think he's taking the long way around, or even taking the wrong route. As many of you know, the past 15 months of my life have been hectic, emotional, chaotic, confusing, scary, exhilarating, exciting, and amazing- all at the same time. There were so many times I cried out to God- "God- i have absolutely NO CLUE what you're doing!!! And, honestly, I think you're doing it wrong. But, God, you know what's best for me. So even though I can't see why this helps me or it's even happening, I'm gonna keep walking. Nothing else. Just following you, and walking. I can't see for all that fog in front of me. But I DO. I will walk."
and that's all it takes for Him to completely revolutionize your life. He wants to CHANGE you. To set you on fire with a flame that is unquenchable. To give you His confidence that is unshatterable. To give you a faith that's unshakable. Just let Him. All it takes is surrendering your will. and trust me, it is so much easier to just trust Him. to know that even when you can't see it, he's doing what's best for you.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...