Friday, January 01, 2010

We had a good year, now let's have another.

"Take it all down, Christmas is over, Do not despair but rather be glad. We had a good year, now let's have another, remembering all the good times that we had. Oh, no more lights glistening, no more carols to sing, But Christmas, it makes way for spring. The hearts of men are bitter and weathered, as cold as snow that falls from above. But just for one day, we all came together, we showed the whole world that we know how to love. " -Boxing Day, Relient K

January 1st, 2010.
Think of all the blank pages ahead of us. All the amazing memories, and even painful ones. They grow us, help us learn. We may not invite them, or like them when they are happening...but after it's all over, I, for one, am thankful for those times.
Here we come, 2010. Are you ready for this? I know I'm not.
I am honestly scared to death. There is too much that's happened and not resolved itself lately that is carrying over into this year. Yet as much as I wish it weren't, it is. And I will make it. Through the blood of the Lamb, I will overcome. We can do this, with Him.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...