Monday, January 25, 2010

sometimes the past needs to be let out to die.

thought I could deal with the pain
was convinced I could end just as strong
knew that I'd handle the hurt
but, oh boy... I see I was wrong.

I thought you were in deeper than I
I thought you were the one who'd be crushed
and it turns out that life seems to stop
and the air leaves your lungs with a rush.

why did I have to say it?
why did you never care?
why couldn't you man up and leave me,
when you knew that time was up for this pair?

and now here I am,
crying in my bed.
wishing I could run away
to escape all the thoughts in my head.

I wish you'd meant the words you said
I wish I knew they were true
so I wouldn't be sitting here
thinking of life without you.

{written November 2009}

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...