Tuesday, March 08, 2011

where You go, I will follow.

I'm waiting here, for You. I have no idea where to move or what to do. I've got no "next step" plans. No hopes of what might come next. My "ideas of the future" portion of my brain is totally empty. But I trust that You know what You're doing, especially when I don't. that you know everything that's going on when I can't see an inch in front of me. where You go, I will follow. partly because there are no options left... partly because my choices always lead the wrong direction... and partly because I'm yearning for Your guidance.

on another note, life has been so hectic and amazing lately. I started this "18 adventures" before. and, see, it's funny how God is using this silly, fun idea to work out His Will in my life and grow me up. The first day, I painted all my nails a different color, ate okra and cheesecake (my two favorite foods), and held a First-Century Roman coin.
The second day, anytime someone asked me how I was doing, I whipped my hair back and forth while singing that wonderful song; I also took the Writing Proficiency Exam which was basically the ACT all over again, but much more fun because I knew people there.
On the third day, I wrote a "secret admirer" letter to a boy {simply as an "I-appreciate-you-being-courteous-and-respectful-keep-up-the-good-work" note} and *whispers* have yet to put it in the mail.
For the fourth day, I paid for the dude's meal that was in the drive-thru behind me... That made me so giddy. I also got to become a D-Now weekend leader for the first time, & counsel some girls about their relationship with Christ. What an awesome opportunity!
Hmm... for the fifth day, I was going to pull a big prank on someone, but I decided since I was the leader for the sophomore girls, I should be a good example. So instead I dressed up like a princess (complete with purple tutu, "Princess" Tiara, and pink wand) and ran around in that garb for a couple hours.
The sixth day, I attempted to make a huge pillow fort, and it failed epicly, and none of my friends knew how to build a pillow fort (!) so they couldn't help me... but we ended up having a pillow fort and getting in trouble with an RA for being too loud, so it was well worth it. Additionally, Ellie & I played a car bingo game the whole way back from home, and I completely whooped her tail. Success.
For the seventh day, all my texts were sent written backwards... E.g. od ot drah yllaer si sdrawkcab gnipyt. :) that was definitely a blast. I also volunteered at a Food Bank and organized food that would be used to feed hungry poverty-stricken people.
And today, the eighth day, I devoted two hours to prayer & Bible reading & journaling (of which this is part). I also got ignored by a really cute guy friend of mine and had an emotional breakdown with my mother which led to calling my boss in tears telling her I couldn't be at the cheer competition this weekend. Definitely a GROWING experience. I feel pretty adult-ish now, not gonna lie.
Anyway, I'm really excited about how God is going to use and change the rest of my 18 adventures. :) What a wonderful birthday this shall be.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...