Wednesday, July 27, 2011

the coming undone.

I just wanna yell at You, God.
While I know it's wrong,
My heart's song has slowly faded,
Leaving me here, confused, jaded.


What happened to me?
Did the music leave my soul
Or is it still there,
Trying to make me whole?


I can't hear Your song.
Did You stop it?
I can't hear anything.
Yet I need it, I need to sing
To find You again, King.
Sing me back to You.


I still and search and wait...
On nothing? At this rate,
I'll sit here forever.
JUST SPEAK, LORD.
SING OVER ME.
When I can't tell if You're there,
I forget how to breathe.


How dare I doubt,
How dare I raise my voice?
How dare I demand a response?


Yet doesn't He see me here, stuck?
Out of luck.
Can't He hear my heart screeching,
Or is He simply teaching?


Lessons in silence-
I hate them the most.
They make me lose myself,
My sanity, they leave me unable to cope,
I stop and abandon all hope.


But I don't want to go
Back there again.
Doesn't He know that?
Can't He see what a mess I am
And that there's no use
Salvaging this rubbish?


I need Him.
I need His music.
I need to know He's actually there,
He actually cares.
I need to know if He thinks I'm worth saving.
Or am I simply draining?


Hi, nice to meet you,
I'm lost, confused, hopeless.
Nice to see you, 
They call me passionless.
Good to see you today, while I'm down at rock bottom.
Hope you have a nice day,
While I drown, lungs full of air.


Please forgive me for making up all these excuses.
Please remind me just why I'm still trying.


SATAN, STOP IT.
GOD COME! GOD COME!
WHERE ARE YOU?!
RESCUE.
HOSANNA: SAVE NOW!


I feel this battle over my
Heart, mind, & soul.
I know you're here,
Fighting for me.


I just need You.
I need Your song.
Sing it in my heart,
Remind me of Your tune,
And we can harmonize
Your beautiful melody.
Just give me time to open my eyes.


{written 5.4.2011}

1 comment:

valerie lynn said...

I can't even begin to explain how much i feel like this sometimes... and every time.. it passes.
EVERY TIME Gods love gets me through it. we just have to always remember that NOTHING can separate us from His love. EVER. He is always working in our lives and always THERE. He never leaves us and He cares for us more than we can comprehend! I'm so wonder-struck by this LOVE!
so many times, I too, feel like I'm drowning with my lungs full of air... the one verse that gets me through it is "BE STILL, and KNOW that I am God." Psalm 46:10
so many times I'm frantically flailing and trying to see and crying and asking God to show me the way cause i am so lost! and i forget to just be still and TRUST Him. trust that I don't have to feel Him, yet He is always there. trust that sometimes its crazy, or it has to hurt, yet He always has a PLAN. He is in control of everything and not one trial or joy or emotion in out lives is wasted. God causes all things to work together for good.
we seek His face and fall in love... because He is love.. and the only reason we ever get so lost is because He take our eyes off His face and try to see what He is doing.. and then we don't understand so we get scared and forget everything that He has promised. we are so weak!!
Praise the LORD that He is strong and has saved us...
Please God, save us from our doubt in You. we believe, Father, help our unbelief. <3

-Val

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...