Friday, September 02, 2011

I miss my family. Which is partially natural. and partially weird to me.
it's not that I don't love my family or have close relationships with them- I adore my siblings and parents and wouldn't trade them or my experiences with them for anything. it's just that since I've been in college for a year now, I miss them less. I get tired of them more when I'm home. I suppose it's just a making-the-most-of-my-independence thing. but since this weekend is Labor Day weekend, almost everyone has gone home. including my sister. so not only am I virtually alone on campus since very few of my friends are here, but my whole family is at home having a good time without me.
I know that next semester I won't be able to see them at all for four months, with the exception of skype (I'm studying abroad in Europe for a semester), so I feel like I should get used to seeing them less. but then I also feel like I should try to see them as much as I can while I can. ya know? anyway. the whole day today I've been mopey and wishing I could go home, but I have commitments at school this weekend I have to stay here for.
I just want to be with them. To drink coffee and play Clue and watch movies and play with my nephew and talk about life.
and I'm sad that I can't be.
the end.

No comments:

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...