Thursday, July 08, 2010

a whispering wish of my heart

untitled, as of yet.
lyrics & tentative music by me.

why aren't you here,
listening to crickets with me?
singing me songs,
and telling me what you really think?

I'm waiting for that day.
I'm waiting until I can say
all of these thoughts in my head
as I lay in bed-
I just want someone to tell them to,
and I'm waiting for the day it's you.

I wish you were here,
running through puddles with me.
telling me jokes,
and whispering romantic things.

I'm waiting for that day
I'm waiting to hear you say
All of those thoughts in your head,
despite what you said.
Don't you want someone to tell them to?
Are you saying, "I hope it's you"?

I'll wait till you're here,
making up new words with me.
holding my hand,
and helping me throw a frisbee.

I'm waiting for that day
Until we both can say
Every thing in our heads
as we lie in bed.
Mr. and Mrs. Your-last-name...
I'll be waiting for that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it. for reals. ahem, frisbee? i'm going to assume that has no emotional attachment. --you know who

the loss

CW/TW: pregnancy and miscarriage  Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I’ve thought about how to word this for so long, debat...